Please join us tonight, Tuesday, March 22nd at 7:30 pm for the San Francisco chapter meeting of ASA (Americans for Safe Access) at 847 Howard Street (between 4th and 5th Streets) in San Francisco 94103. Pizza and soft drinks will be provided.
Hope to see you tonight.
AGENDA FOR SF-ASA MEETING 3-22-11
- Welcome, rules for the meeting*, introduction of those present, and thanks to Al and Crissy of Shambhala, Michael Nolin and the staff of The Green Door, and Kevin Reed and the staff of The Green Cross for their support for this meeting.
- San Francisco-Bay Area and Sacramento status updates:
- San Francisco Medical Cannabis Task Force update. Next Task Force meeting: Friday, April 15th at 9:30 am in Room 400, SF City Hall. Next Legal Committee meeting, on Friday, April 1st at 10 am, Room 421, SF City Hall. Next Cultivation Committee meeting: Wednesday, April 6th at 10 am, Room 421, SF City Hall.
On March 16th the SF Board of Permit Appeals denied BACH’s permit on a 3-1 vote. They will appeal to the SF Superior Court.
- Sacramento updates:
Update on SB 847, SB 626, SB 676, SB 129, AB 1017, AB 472, AB 828, and revisions to AB 223.
- California Tip of the Month, monthly ASA newsletter, and action of the month: Email the White House to stop the DEA raids:
http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/182/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=618 or call 202-456-1414 between 9 am and 5 pm EDT.
- Court updates:
- Scott Feil: Wednesday, March 30th, 1:30 pm, 15th Floor, Courtroom G, 450 Golden Gate Avenue (near Polk St), SF 94102
- Abe and Winslow Norton
5. California and National Round Up:
- DEA raids continue in Montana and West Hollywood, California
- CannBe to cease operations
- The Coalition for Cannabis Policy Reform (CCPR) announces plans for a new legalization initiative for California for 2012
- Report from the Next Steps Conference March 19th in Hollywood, CA., sponsored by CA NORML, ASA, MPP and DPA
- DEA targets cannabis sacrament churches
- Marin MCD plans to take IRS to court
- HUD says medical cannabis policies up to local housing authroities
6. Announcements and Updates:
- Earth Day celebration of Cannabis, Health and Ecology, Saturday, April 23rd, Craneway Pavilion, 1414 South Harbor Way, Richmond, CA. 94804. Gen admin tickets $20 in advance ($30 at the door), VIP Tickets: $75 in advance ($125 at the door). Tickets and info at: www.deepgreenfest.com or www.ticketfly.com/event/30681 or call: 415-750-0971
- NORML National Conference, April 21st — 23rd , Denver, CO.: www.norml.org/conference
- Cannabis as Medicine, Saturday, April 30th, 1 pm — 9 pm, Room 4, San Francisco Concourse Exhibition Center, 635 8th Street, near Brannan St. SF, CA. 94103, sponsored by the 2011 New Living Expo and Medicann. www.newlivingexpo.com
7. Science Corner: Q and A on high-CBD cannabis medicine
8. Open comment
9. Next SF-ASA meeting, Tuesday, April 12th, 7:30 pm, 847 Howard Street, San Francisco 94103
Visit SF ASA ‘s website: www.sfsafeaccess.org
* Don’t interrupt, raise your hand to be recognized, assume best intentions, be respectful when disagreeing, don’t be overly repetitive.