CSU-Pueblo’s Cannabis Job Posting: Colorado State University-Pueblo is looking for some solid candidates to take on the position of Director of their Institute of Cannabis Research.
The director would be responsible for coordinating the institute’s programming, communicating to internal and external stakeholders and funders, and helping develop partnerships in the areas of research, sponsorships, and funding.
They will also serve as a liaison between the institute and government agencies and lawmakers; and support the goals of the ICR most prominently regarding the research, the annual conference, and conference proceedings/journal development.
Some of their minimum qualifications:
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited university
- Strong communication and management skills
- Senior office management position experience
- Understanding of social science or natural science research
Their preferred qualifications are as follows:
- Evidence of knowledge related to the science of cannabis or the cannabis industry
- Evidence of commitment to the mission of a regional, comprehensive university with a high level of diversity represented in its students, staff and faculty
- Evidence of experience developing presentations, speeches, and publications
- Experience developing, maintaining and managing web pages
According to the job posting, CSU-Pueblo is a regional, comprehensive university. The 275-acre campus, which overlooks the Front Range of south-central Colorado, is located in Pueblo, approximately 100 miles south of Denver in one of the more culturally dynamic regions of the country.
The University is committed to diversity, as Pueblo is known to have an ethnically and culturally diverse populations. The University says they are dedicated to having a multi-cultural campus and is designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution. The University enrolls more than 4,000 students in twenty-seven undergraduate programs with approximately 510 full-time faculty and staff.
All interested candidates must apply through the on-line application system. Early submission of application materials is encouraged. The University says their screening of application materials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled, though all applications received by March 14 will be considered.