AGENDA FOR SF-ASA MEETING 5-24-11
- (a) Welcome, rules for the meeting*, introduction of new attendees present, and thanks to Michael Nolin and the staff of The Green Door, and Kevin Reed and the staff of The Green Cross for their support for this meeting.
- SPARC and emergency response update
- Court updates
- San Francisco-Bay Area and Sacramento status updates:
- San Francisco Medical Cannabis Task Force update. Next Task Force meetings: Friday, June 10th and June 17th at 9:30 am, Room 400, SF City Hall; Legal Committee, Thursday, May 26th at 2 pm, Room 421, SF City Hall. www.sfgov.org/mctf
- Sacramento updates:
SB 129, AB 1017, AB 1300, SB 626, SB, 647, SB 676
- U. S. Supreme Court update–Kentucky decision
- ACLU requests U. S. Attorney General Eric Holder o clarify the Department of Justice’s position on medical cannabis
- ASA sues Federal Government over rescheduling delay
- Upcoming visits with Senators Boxer and Feinstein and Representative Pelosi
- Delaware becomes the 16th state to establish medical cannabis
- ASA’s May Tip of the Month, May Monthly Newsletter, and action of the month.
- Science Corner
- Announcements and Updates:
- High Times Medical Cannabis Cup, Saturday and Sunday, June 25th — 26th, SF Concourse Exhibition Center, 635 8th Street (near Brannan St.), SF 94103. Tickets: $50 for both days, $100 for VIP tickets: http://medcancup.com/san-francisco/buy-tickets/
- The Marijuana Conference, Thursday and Friday, June 16th — 17th, Hotel Nikko, 222 Mason Street, San Francisco, CA. 94102 http://www.mjbusinessreport.com/conferences/mj_conference_11.cfm
- ASA Fundraiser, Summer Solstice Banquet and Bash, Friday, June 17th , 5:30 pm — midnight, SOMA District, San Francisco. Tickets: $200, VIP Tickets: $500. Volunteers needed: Contact Kathryn@safeaccessnow.org To purcxhase tickets, go to www.safeaccessnow.org/summersolstice
- Open Comment
- Next SF ASA meeting, Tuesday, June 7th , 7:30 pm, 847 Howard Street, SF 94103
Visit SF ASA’s website: www.sfsafeaccess.org
* Don’t interrupt, raise your hand to be recognized, assume best intentions, be respectful when disagreeing, don’t be overly repetitive.