The Denver chapter of Women Grow, a national professional network supporting women leaders and entrepreneurs in the cannabis industry, will celebrate the group’s one year anniversary with a guest speaking program highlighting some of the cannabis industry leaders who made Women Grow possible. The August 6, 2015 networking event, held for the first time at the University of Denver, is sponsored by Kush Kards and will include networking opportunities and a panel discussion with six of Women Grow’s founding members.
“Women Grow Denver is honored to welcome our founding members as we celebrate an exciting first year,” says Women Grow Denver Chapter Chair Anne Marie Doyle. “These exceptional women helped a group of 70 Denver entrepreneurs blossom into a powerful national network, and we are thrilled to hear about their experiences as Women Grow and the cannabis industry have evolved over the past 12 months.” The guest speaker panel will include the following leading cannabis industry women, all founding members of Women Grow:
- Jane West is the founder of Edible Events Co. and is the Co-Founder and National Events Director of Women Grow. On a mission to mainstream responsible, adult-use cannabis consumption, West’s cannabis event series and initiatives with Women Grow have garnered international media coverage.
- Shawn Hauser, Esq. is the senior associate at leading cannabis industry law firm Vicente Sederberg. A graduate of University of Denver’s Sturm College of Law, Hauser has dedicated her career to marijuana and law in policy. She is the director of Sensible Colorado Action’s “Local Implementation Project,” and serves on the National Hemp Association’s board.
- Julie Dooley is the President & Founder of Julie’s Baked Goods, a leading line of edibles that are healthy, gluten-free, and made without refined sugar. Dooley dedicates time to Colorado state and Colorado Business Alliance work groups that are helping define new regulations that balance safe public consumption and practical compliance measures.
- Jaime Lewis is the Founder and executive chef of medical marijuana-infused product manufacturer Mountain Medicine. As Vice President of Business Development for Good Chemistry Colorado, Lewis oversees strategic planning, business development, policy development, governmental affairs, and marketing, and serves as the community liaison to demonstrate good corporate citizenship.
- Christie Lunsford is a cannabis industry executive, entrepreneur, and educator who is dedicated to promoting cannabis as a safe, healthy alternative to pharmaceuticals. Currently an industry and health & wellness writer for Ladybud Magazine, Lunsford has over 20 years of experience in communications, and has served as a consultant for medical cannabis centers and infused product manufacturers in Colorado, California, and Washington State.
- Katie O’Block is Vice President of Surna, a publicly-traded supplier of indoor cultivation technologies. O’Block oversees Surna’s marketing programs, brand management, public relations and corporate communications.
- Shannon Wilson is the Owner and Co-Founder of Mahatma Concentrates, an independent extraction company that grows and processes award-winning concentrates for the Colorado market using industry-leading safe and proper extraction methods.
The Women Grow Denver First Anniversary Event will take place from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. on Thurs., August 6 at University of Denver’s Sturm College of Law (Room 251; 2255 E Evans Ave, Denver, CO). The event, part of a regular monthly series, is open to women (and men) at all stages of involvement in the cannabis industry and will include opportunities for brief personal introductions, open networking, and a speaking program. Tickets are $25 prior to August 2, $30 week-of, and $40 (cash only) at the door. To purchase tickets or learn more about the event, visit the Women Grow Denver event page. The next event will take place on September 3.
Since its inception in July of 2014, Women Grow has seen enthusiastic response and rapid growth, demonstrating a distinct demand for organizations designed to support women in the cannabis industry. The organization launched its first chapter in Denver in August 2014 with more than 70 attendees, and has since expanded to more than a 30 chapters nationwide. While Women Grow is women-focused, it also welcomes business savvy men who understand that involving women in their organizations and partnering with women-owned businesses is good for the bottom line.
ABOUT WOMEN GROW
Women Grow is a national network educating, empowering and connecting women in the cannabis industry through monthly networking events and national conferences that shine a spotlight on aspiring and established women leaders in the cannabis industry. The organization welcomes women entrepreneurs at all stages of business development from within the many sectors of the industry including cultivation, sales, advocacy, investment and ancillary businesses such as legal advocacy and representation, medicine, and marketing. Women Grow currently has more than 30 chapters from coast to coast, with additional chapters slated to launch this year. Current chapter locations include Anchorage, AK; Albuquerque, NM; Asheville, NC; the Bay Area, CA; Boston, MA; Boulder, CO; Chicago, IL; Denver, CO; Humboldt/Arcata, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Las Vegas, NV; New York, NY; Phoenix, AZ; and Seattle, WA. Visit WomenGrow.com to learn more, locate or apply to start a chapter, and tap into the organization’s knowledge base and speaker’s bureau. Follow Women Grow on Facebook, and on Twitter and Instragram (@womengrow).